Sometimes the ego can be a tricky thing. It drives us to do impressive things, but makes us miserable in the process. Many successful people have big egos, and many of them are also unhappy. This is because the ego is never satisfied. It always requires more to feel comfortable. Each success or accomplishment must be bigger than the last. There’s no peace or satisfaction.
We need to learn to let go to find true peace and happiness:
1. Let go of taking anything personally. Other people have bad days too. You sometimes misinterpret the intention of others. Your imagination is partially fueled by your ego.
· Even if someone insults you directly, their words are nothing more than sound. The sound of a tree falling wouldn’t offend you. An insult is no different. Only your ego makes it so.
2. Let go of comparing yourself to others. Are you better than someone else if you own a bigger home or wear nicer clothes? Is someone better than you if they get the job you desire? Each person has a value that is immeasurable. Comparisons prove nothing.
3. Let go of identifying with your thoughts and emotions. You are not your thoughts or your emotions. You are the consciousness that witnesses these things. When you are able to see your separation from your thoughts, you can also see the separateness you have from the things that happen around you.
· When you view the world in this manner, your ego can’t be touched.
4. Let go of reacting. Respond instead. The ego attempts to influence you to act quickly and without contemplation. The longer you wait to respond to your negative feelings, the more likely you are to avoid the ego.
5. Let go of criticizing others. When you offer criticism, you’re saying that there is a better way. Give up your need to be right and correct others. Ask yourself why you criticize. In the end, it’s only to make yourself feel better.
· Even if you believe you’re trying to be helpful, you’re still trying to feel good about yourself. If you come from a place of love, you’ll lose the desire to criticize.
The ego can limit your success and happiness. Consider that your ego can stop you from trying if you’re afraid of failure. Your ego has a million ways it can undermine your future and your present. It can even make your past look worse than it was.
Learn how to let go and move past the trappings of the ego and you’ll find life to be so much more fulfilling and satisfying.
Best-Selling Author Moira Hutchison is a certified Mindfulness Coach & Teacher, and Energy Healer. Her specialties range from helping people with broad goals such as life planning and personal balance, to specific goals like gaining motivation and overcoming issues such as procrastination, excess stress and self-sabotage. Her journey from self-loathing to unconditionally loving herself has been an incredibly inspirational journey. It’s this path and choice that inspired her mission to help people become unstuck and achieve the best that they possibly can in mind-body and soul.
Watch Moira’s TV Segment at:
Patrick Dahdal and all the team at Transformation TV are thrilled to be working with Moira and sharing her unique message with the world.
All Topics a different approach to anxiety aha moment akashic records angels ascended masters breathe career caregivers change children delaying bedtime confidence consciousness deepest soul desires divorce divorce with love eldercare marathon elderly elderly parents emotional and physical pain empowered living entrepreneurial women feng shui finding joy gain control getting unstuck grief happiness healing heart manifesting hypnotherapy inner shadow serpent kindness know no fear letting go life & drama looking for your tribe love managing anger marriage meditation negative thoughts old habits parenting peace practice self love purpose relationships self esteem success success habits termination transformation transformation tv trust the process truth work/life balance